On April 7th, 1828, conceived by Carlo Barabino, the Carlo Felice was inaugurated with Bianca e Fernando by Vincenzo Bellini, in the presence of the sovereign Carlo Felice and Maria Cristina di Savoia.
On August 8th, 1943, the theatre is bombed, the roof and the stages have been damaged. Then the theatre continued to function using the stage and the audience.
On April 7th, 1987, Ceremony of the first stone, based on the project of important architects Ignazio Gardella, Aldo Rossi, Fabio Reinhart e Angelo Sibilla.
In 1989, after 1000 days of work, the theatre has been definitively delivered to the city, and on
October 18th 1991 there was the inauguration with Il Trovatore by Giuseppe Verdi.